“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Leaping Leprechauns!

Wow, it has been a busy, busy, week.  I never did manage to get any of my normal runs in during the week, so my first chance to move my legs in any running-type-fashion was with my family and friends in this Saturday's Leaping Leprechauns 5K & 15K.  I only did the 5K, but my dad and my friend Jessica did the 15K.  I ended up having a great time, especially considering this was my first run in a week; Jessica was the 2nd overall female finisher, and my dad finished 2nd in his age group - they are both like Speedy Gonzales compared to me!  We had a great time running our respective races, and wore lots of green with some goofy St. Patrick's Day accessories: 
 Even Jessica's hubby and kids got in the St. Patty's Day spirit and dressed up:
  
Saturday's Race Stats (per Garmin):
  • 5K (3.14mi); 0:37:45 min; 12:01 min/mi avg page
  • A NEW P.R. for the 5K for me!!!

    1 comment: