- I can stand the
- I never feel guilty about going for a run.
- I look ridiculous in a running beanie.
1. I can stand the
2. I never feel guilty about going for a run. Note the comment in #1 about waffling all week. I kept thinking "Who would it hurt if I just ate the registration fee, skipped the race, and ran 3.1 miles inside on the treadmill?" The answer I kept coming back to was ME, that's who! I also figured it wouldn't be a good way to start the year if I skipped a race called a Resolution Run!!! I always feel guilty if I purposefully skip a run, but never do if I just get out there and do it.
3. I look ridiculous in a running beanie. I won a raffle at the Reindeer Run 5K in December where the prize included a running beanie with a hole for a ponytail - very cool! Normally I don't like running in hats - I prefer a visor - but it was so cold, I jumped at the opportunity to try out this new gear/accessory. It worked well, and was very comfortable, but made me look ridiculous. I'll keep it in reserve for the times like today's race when it's definitely a case of function over form!
- Resolution Run 5K (3.13 mi); 0:39:29 min; 12:37 min/mi