“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Racing Through Time...

March is going to be a month packed with races.  Three out of four weekends this month I'm running in something, starting this weekend:

I'm really looking forward to participating in each one since I'll be running with family and friends (although if I'm being honest, I'm only doing the TRL run so that I can fill an empty page in my running scrapbook before RnR [insert sheepish smile here]...)!

I had a good run tonight since it was the first chance I've had to run outside in quite a while!  Even with a lack of "speedy" running the last couple of weeks because of being sick and traveling, I still managed to pull out a pretty darn fast 3 miles - first time EVER that I've had an under 12 min/mi avg - woot, woot!!!  Granted it was just barely under 12, but hey, it's still under!

Today's stats:
  • 10 min warm-up walk
  • 3 mi; 35:57 min; 11:59 min/mi avg

No comments:

Post a Comment