“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Something's Gotta Give

Well, that's three terrible Saturday runs in a row.  I'm really not liking this trend.  Once again this morning I bailed on the group early - this time just past 6.5 miles (when we saw S for the second time).  I was just not feeling it.  Of course, by the time I got to my friend L's house, I was feeling better, and decided to get in another 2.5 miles around their neighborhood before we hopped in the pool.

I'm hoping it's just a mix of the heat and a prolonged post-race slump, but I'm beginning to worry that it may be something else I haven't identified yet.  I just can't keep doing this.

Run stats:
  • 6.65mi; 1:34:36
  • 2.5mi; 34:00

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up...You may want to back off running for a week or so and just cross train and see how the next week feels. You might be overtrained, not fully recovered from the race or just feeling the blahs.

    It happens, it will pass. Try a new route, a different pace, different intervals....anything to mix it up a bit and see how that goes too.

    I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete