“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Boot Camp, Skirt Converts, and Galloway

Skirt converts!
I had a great training week.  I got in both of my short weekday runs on Tuesday and Thursday, and I started a 6-week indoor bootcamp that I got through Groupon on Wednesday.  It felt really great to get those short runs in, and bootcamp is going to be hard work, but hopefully will be rewarding!  When I follow my training plan, I get enough cardio from running, so this bootcamp will be focusing on strength training.

I've been pretty successful in starting to get some of the girls in my Galloway Group to "convert to skirt" and start wearing SparkleSkirts.  Here, S, L, and I are all in our cute and comfortable skirts after our group run on Saturday morning.  As we pointed out to the other pace groups, we may not be fast, but we ARE fashionable!!!

"Lost in Pace" girls with Jeff Galloway
Speaking of Galloway, the man himself, Jeff Galloway, was doing a Meet & Greet at one of our local running stores here today, so a lot of us came to hear him speak and ask questions.  It was a relaxed and informative session.  He and I even got to have a short and fun conversation about Disney racing!  I asked if he had any insider info on the 20th Anniversary stuff.  He said he didn't know anything about the surprise at Mile 20, but he had been taping spots for a new promo video that RunDisney is putting together that will have hints in it - yay - and will be released in another 3-4 weeks.  Also, he said that the anniversary medal is going to be "SPECTACULAR."  I am SO excited!


Week in Review:
  • Tues - 2.2 mi; 30 min; 13:57 pace (2:1,2:1,1:1 interval spacing)
  • Wed - 30 min strength bootcamp circuit
  • Thurs -
    • 2.7 mi; 41 min; 15:01 pace (4x800 speedwork)
    • 30 min strength bootcamp circuit
  • Sat - 5.81 mi; 1:31:50; 15:48 pace (1:1 interval)

No comments:

Post a Comment