“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Monday, February 20, 2017

North Texas Winters : A False Sense of Security

Things I consider safe to assume about winter in North Texas:

  • It starts about mid-December and lasts until the first week in March.
  • Temps will be lows in the low 30's and highs in the low 50's.
  • I can sleep in a little on Saturday mornings and it won't affect my long run.


Things I should never assume about winter in North Texas:

  • Anything I stated above.


Yeah....high's in the mid-70's all weekend with bright sunshine are not ideal running conditions when you start mid-morning.  Yikes!  Still managed to have an awesome run, though, after bumping my intervals to R15:W30.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment