“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pretty Speedy There!

Okay, so it was said by a man who was part of an older couple slooooowly walking their small poofball of a dog - but it was said!  As I jogged past them on the trail this evening, the little old man yelled out "Pretty speedy there!"  With a surge of pride practically bursting in my chest, I kicked it up a little and yelled a jaunty "Thanks!" over my shoulder.  Then as soon as I rounded the next bend, I switched into my walk interval.  As silly as it sounds, it's awfully nice to know that at least somebody thinks I'm fast!

Today's stats:
  • 0.54mi warm-up walk
  • 3.0mi run; 0:39:18min; 13:06min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment