“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bashful or Brazen?

"An incurable romantic, Bashful is a willing and kind-hearted friend, but it’s Snow White who brings out the blush in this shy fellow.  Full of wriggles, giggles and ‘oh gosh’-es, Bashful is often twisting one foot around the other or braiding his beard while batting his bashful baby blue eyes." - http://crushable.com/entertainment/fun-facts-about-the-seven-dwarfs-from-snow-white/

Anyone who really knows me knows that I am, truly, bashful - just like Bashful the dwarf, I'm full of wriggles, giggles, and 'oh gosh'-es.  But when I meet new people, I generally overcompensate for this by being bubbly and outgoing, so they'd never know.

The people I encountered on the trail this evening must have thought I was far beyond bashful - they might even be forgiven for thinking I was brazen...  Why is that?  It was a chilly day here in DFW, and I, without thinking, put on one of my thinner sports bras and a thin, wicking shirt and headed outside.  After getting a few interesting glances from others, I realized that my "headlights were on" and I was drawing quite a bit of attention to "the girls."  OMG.  I was so embarrassed when I realized what was going on...  Good thing I was already walking - it made it easy to cross my arms and continue on my bashful way.

Today's stats:
  • 2 mi walk; 0:37:12 min; 18:36min/mi avg. pace
  • March 2011 mileage: 41.76 miles!

2 comments:

  1. This had me laughing out loud. Too funny! Although I agree with Jessica and Rod, this has happened to the best of us :p

    ReplyDelete