“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Super Sneezy

"His chronic hayfever presents a difficult challenge as Sneezy often tries to talk through his nose.  Always sneezing at the wrong time, Sneezy is a hardworking and loyal friend…in between sneezes." - http://crushable.com/

I'm Sneezy.  Spring is most definitely here in Dallas - trees and flowers are blooming, and the air is saturated with pollen and dust kicked up by the blowing wind.  Mix in some wacky warm and cold fronts that have been moving through lately, and this all combines for some crazy reactions, even if you (like me) don't normally suffer from allergies.

A standard sneeze for me is a short, truncated, high-pitched sort of "chu" sound, usually in a series of 3-5 at a time.  Family, friends, and co-workers know that there's no point in saying "bless you" after the first one - they wait until they're pretty sure that I'm done to say it, but even then they sometimes have to repeat themselves if another one or two sneak out...  Anyway, I have been sneezing my head off for days now...I'll be glad when the madness is over!

In order to head off having to carry tissues on my run or end up with a sneeze-infested shirt sleeve, I ran this morning since they were calling for a calmer day today than tomorrow.  It actually worked pretty well - only one sneeze series through the whole run!

Today's stats:
  • 10 min warm-up walk
  • 2.5 mi run; 0:32:00 min; 12:48 mm avg pace

No comments:

Post a Comment