“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Monday, December 31, 2012

Running Resolutions: A Month-By-Month Guide

Runner's World - January 2013
As I said in my last post, 2013 is going to be about finding the fun again in my running.  Boy oh boy is that a big, fat, huge goal that needs to be better defined.  Which is why I love the idea of breaking down a large yearly goal into more manageable monthly ones, like in the article in the January 2013 Runner's World magazine entitled "A Month-By-Month Guide to a Fitter, Faster You."  

Although a "fitter, faster me" is not my actual running goal for 2013, I certainly wouldn't mind if it happens to be a by-product of finding the fun again.  And small, mini-goals can help me get to my "fun" goal.  Therefore I plan to use the monthly guide as a go-by for my upcoming year, because I like the concepts presented in it a lot (make sure you read the whole article):
January: Plan Your Race Year
February: Commit to Cooking
March: Build an Injury-Proof Body
April: Spring Clean Your Gear
May: Sneak in Speed
June: Strengthen Your Brain
July: Overcome Aches and Pains
August: Rediscover Your Mojo
September: Master the Long Run
October: Go Gadget-Free
November: Stay Fit Through the Holidays
December: Share the Love
See?  It's all logical, simple stuff that when spread out across the year should be manageable.

So there they are, in black and white.  My 2013 New Year's Running Resolution(s).

What have you committed to for 2013?


Don't forget that TriandTrue and Running Halfway Around The World are co-hosting a new January Challenge!  Get a jump start on the New Year! Pledge to log at least one running or walking mile every day in January - yes, every day!
Join the Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/JanuaryJumpStartChallenge/

No comments:

Post a Comment