“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Room for More?

My Christmas present to myself this year was a "real" medal display (I've been using a tie/belt rack the past few years).  I mounted the Allied Medal Display this weekend on the wall of the office/workout/craft room.  Then I began the painstaking process of deciding what medal went where and arranging and re-arranging the display (which I'm still not 100% happy with and think I will make a couple more placement changes next week).  As the process neared the end, I realized I had misjudged exactly how many medals I have, and how many I plan on earning in the coming year.  Oops.  The medal rack is already fairly full!

New Medal Display as of January 5, 2013

So, exactly what races are on the schedule next year that this is an issue, you ask?  Great question!  Check back later this week to see my post about Runner's World January Mini Goal: Plan Your Race Year!


Q4U:  I'm very excited about having an "official" display for my medals!  How do you display yours?  Are they proudly exhibited on a wall in your house?  Tossed in a drawer some where?  In shadow boxes?  I'd love to hear what others do with their hardware!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cute display. I think it looks great.
    As far as where my medals are ... well, some are in a box in the garage, some in a box in my closet, and I could probably find some in the girls' dress-up box. Maybe one day I'll find somewhere cute to put them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would imagine that with kids it's a little harder to keep them as solely "yours" and display them. What do you do with your placement awards?

      Delete