“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Whoosh.  It's only Tuesday morning and it's already been a crazy week!  Even though the upcoming holiday means having to cram 5 days of work into 4 in order to meet a looming deadline, I just need to get the work done, because I can't wait for this weekend - I get to visit my family for Easter, catch up with some great old friends, and see Disney in Concert: The Magical Music from the Movies! What a great reward for a very stressful week.  Can't wait! 

I love the trail near our house, but I so often associate it with "having to go for a run" that the opportunity to amble along and take in the atmosphere is a very pleasant change when it happens.  Last night I had a chance to go on a walk with a friend and her dog on the path - it wasn't a run, it wasn't even a super fast walk, just a nice meander down the trail, talking about not much of anything, enjoying the cool crisp air, the waning light, and all the animals (other dogs, squirrels, bunnies, birds and other random animals around the creek) we saw along the way.

What a great way to clear my mind of the stresses of the day and the upcoming week - I was able to put some things behind me and stopped obsessing over my work project for a while - all while getting a little (not a lot) bit of exercise, and taking in some fresh air.  It was a much needed change of pace after my hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment