Imagine my shock when my friend Kim named me as one of her nominees for the award of being a Very Inspiring Blogger! Thanks Kim! Make sure you go check out her awesome blog about running/tri's/life in general: TriAndTrue.
The award has three simple rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. (see above)
- Share 7 things about yourself. (see below)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know. (see below)
Seven things about myself: I wasn't sure what to share, so I did a quick Google search for "random questions to ask people" and came up with these - I hope they're interesting enough!:
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? I. Love. Christmas. So December is obviously my favorite month of the year - I love the nip in the air and the (seemingly elusive) chance of snow. Cookies and cider and treats are shared by all. Christmas decorations are up, carols are playing, there's a general feeling of goodwill and cheer in the air. I just love the whole season!
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Driving. I hate it. Especially if I'm the one doing the actual driving, and most especially if the trip is over 3 hours. I don't mind bus trips because I can move around more than in a car, I'm fascinated by train travel, and I LOVE flying!
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Ummm...I'm not usually mistaken for any celebrities, but there was a time in the late 90's when people thought I looked like Monica Lewinski (gee, great... :-/ ) In fact, I was almost her for Halloween that year - I even had the blue dress, just needed a beret. LOL.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? When I was laid off from my job 5 years ago I thought it was the end of the world. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me because even though that job paid really well I worked insane hours and had absolutely no life! My "new" job that I got a couple months later is a great fit for me - I'm not paid as much, but I have a much more regular schedule and actually have a life! I realized not long after starting my current job that there's no way I would have be able to work at the old place and complete my training for that very first half marathon I signed up for - it just never would have happened. It's amazing where life leads you and the bumpy road it sometimes takes to get there.
- What do you miss most about being a kid? The lack of responsibility. Don't get me wrong, being an adult has more than it's fair share of perks, but also those pesky things like a job/mortgage/responsibilities. I'd like to go back to the days where you'd have a fun day at school, maybe do a little multiplication table homework, play with friends and family and not have to worry about life. I miss that simplicity and naivete.
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? There's no way to name them all. Have you ever seen the musical/movie Brigadoon? There's a scene near the end where every phrase someone says to the main character reminds him of a song from earlier in the show and he has a little flashback to the song. My brain is pretty much like that with music. One word/phrase/line, and all of a sudden I have a song chorusing through my head - and it can be something I heard yesterday or the most random song I haven't heard in years! Crazy.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? The dishes. If I could pay someone to just come do my dishes every day I'd be in heaven.
Nominations. 15 is a lot! Anyone mind if I just do 10?:
- Aunt on the Run - My BFF Carrie blogs about her life as a runner and aunt to two of the cutest little Texas boys around!
- Elbowglitter - My friend Megan blogs about racing and tri training with wisdom and humor!
- Running While Chunky - A fellow Galloway-er, "Chunky Girl" gets real about running while trying to lose weight and being a back-of-the-pack-er.
- Running Around the World - Rebecca's husband is stationed in Germany, so she's using the opportunity to take on the challenge of international racing. I love reading about her adventures!
- Diary of a Recovering Clydesdale - This is David's blog (remember him from the Rome marathon video?). His vision is couch-to-Boston in twelve years or less.
- Our Love on the Run - Bethany and Ryan are the cutest couple ever, and they're both amazing runners!
- ...Just Me & My Running Shoes... - Karen is a fellow Disney fan, nurse, and runner whose posts are both interesting and insightful.
- Eat. Sleep. Run. Disney - Jen posts about Disney, running, and crossfit - I tell you - the woman is a machine!
- Running through the Castle - Jennifer blogs about running and tri training, as well as dealing with and recovering from injury.
- RunJulesRun - Jules just recently started blogging, but I'm loving what I've seen from her so far. A great mix of reality and inspiration. Can't wait to read what she's got next.
I probably doubled up on some people who've already been nominated for this award, but this is a list I like and some of these bloggers may be new to you - I hope you'll go check out their blogs!