“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Get a Kick Out of Running

No, I'm not about to share some new running tip about kicking your heels to speed up, improve your   form, etc.  No worries.  I'm all about a good laugh - and getting in a giggle while running is a definite plus.  I love funny running shirts!  I try to pay attention to the shirts of runners crossing paths with me while I'm out and about - seeing race shirts is informative and fun, but nothing beats seeing a funny shirt that makes you laugh while you're working hard.

There are lots of companies out there producing some pretty funny tech shirts these days.  I've "liked" a lot of them on Facebook, so their posts tend to lighten up my newsfeed as well.  There's usually at least one a week that I'm tempted to purchase.  I DO have to restrain myself (most of the time (shhhhh)), otherwise my drawers full of tech shirts would be overflowing even more than they are now!

Since I can't buy them all, I thought I'd share some of my faves (hey if my friends wear them then I still get to enjoy them!).  Y'all have probably seen some of these, but maybe there are some you haven't?:
To start with, I actually DO own this shirt!  My mom bought it for me.  Sadly, being black and long-sleeved, I don't get to wear it often in Texas, but it's a GREAT shirt!  One More Mile has most of the "traditional" funny running sayings on lots of different styles and colors of shirts.  Check them out if they aren't already on your radar.



And for my friends and readers that are triathletes, there are funny shirts out there for y'all, too!  I've seen Triathalon Humor (and those similar to them) at expos, and chuckle as I walk past, while still shaking my head:
 







The ones that are so funny that they'll make you snort while laughing, though, are from a company called My5k262, where they specialize in saying exactly what's on your mind.  This one's actually on my "must buy next" list!:
www.My5k262.com
My5k262 is an awesome site that has hilarious, slightly sarcastic, and offbeat sayings on shirts for runners of all distances, family members, and spectators!  Some of my faves are:

 



Aren't those all great?  And with so many different companies these days, there's definitely something for everyone out there!




Q4U: What's the funniest running or tri shirt that you have?

1 comment: