“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

I didn't get either of my weekday runs in last week - coming back from Big Sur my quads were really sore so I took Tuesday off, and then my week exploded with work and I had to work long days Wed-Fri.  And I felt the lack of those runs last Saturday.

But with the help of some great running friends I got my scheduled 6 miles in (I probably would've stopped at 4.5 if I'd been on my own).  Afterward I told myself that I would definitely get in both of my runs this week, no matter what, so that this Saturday's long run would feel much better than last week's.

Tuesday just didn't happen.  So I knew I HAD to make up Tuesday's missed run last night.  As soon as I got home I hopped on the treadmill (since it was warm here today!) and set out with an easy 2 miles as my goal (30 min at ~15min/mi pace).  Was feeling good at 2 miles, so went to 2.5.  Not exactly a lengthy run, but not stopping at just 2 felt like a big accomplishment.

And just getting that first run done will make starting out on the second run of the week easier - I know that from experience!

credit: http://pinkinmylife72.tumblr.com/

IT WILL BE WORTH IT.



1 comment:

  1. You are right...it will be worth it! Keep up the good work!! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete