“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Friday, September 3, 2010

It's my birthday, and I won't run if I don't want to!

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to..."  We all know how it goes.  You get to do things your way on your birthday - and that means no running for me today!

Okay, so if you want to get technical about it, you could check my training schedule and see that today is already a "rest day" for me, but there's something very powerful about saying "It's my birthday, so I'm not going to run today!"

Next run is a 2.5-miler tomorrow morning.  Weather forecast for 7am is temps in the low 60's, with clear skies and 65% humidity.  With the exception of the kinda high humidity (for Dallas, at least) that's perfect outdoor running weather!  I'm actually looking forward to hitting the trail tomorrow morning - I'll post my garmin results when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment