“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Like the Big Bad Wolf

When I run, I huff and puff like the Big Bad Wolf, and sweat like the three little pigs he's chasing after!  I am insanely jealous of other runners that breeze past me on the trail with perfect cadence and even breathing - those people who glisten with perspiration and seem to exude a ethereal glow in the morning light - those people who make it look effortless.  However, I have faith that some day in the not-too-distant-future I will be one of "those people," too!

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning to be out and about: low 60's, slight breeze, clear and sunny - amazing for September in Dallas!  Today's run was scheduled to be a 2.5-miler, but I'm trying to build up my endurance a little more quickly, so I tacked on an extra mile of walking (0.5 mile warm-up & 0.5 mile cool-down before and after the run, respectively), and I was very pleased with my performance:

No comments:

Post a Comment