“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Biker Babe!

Okay, so maybe not in the sense that the phrase has come to mean...but I'm gonna be a biker babe!  Keeping with the spirit of my New Year's Resolution to complete more of the non-running components of each new training program, I've purchased a bicycle!  That's one piece of equipment I haven't owned since my freshman year in college - I'm really hoping they mean what they say about never forgetting, because it's definitely been a while...  I'm really excited about having another cross-training opportunity, especially one that's easy on the joints!  The bike has been ordered, and a helmet and a few other accessories bought.  Now I just have to wait for it to arrive and deal with the "minor" assembly required, then I'll be off!!!

Today's stats:
  • 10 min warm-up walk
  • 2 mi run; 0:26:26;  13:13 min/mi pace
  • 30 min resistance band strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment