Since starting the blog last August, I've done a lot of ...reading. You thought I was going to say running, didn't you? Well, that, too, but this post is about reading, and where it's taken me. I've poured over publications like Runner's World and Women's Running, begun following blogs of friends and fellow Disney runners, and "lurked" on forums like Running of The Ears - searching for every bit of information I can find on how, when, where, and what others are doing - anything that involves running. As a relative newbie, I couldn't get enough information!
While all this was extremely helpful in my training for the 2011 WDW Half Marathon, it's also caused a bit of a problem - I contracted two viruses from all these sites: the Racing Bug and Bling Fever. Reading and hearing about all the awesome races and running opportunities that are out there these days has made me want to do more; to reach higher and go further than I ever could have imagined when I took those first feeble running steps a couple of years ago.
So, I've created a Running Bucket List for myself. Who knows if I'll ever manage to do these, but it can't hurt to have something to work towards, right? Since I keep hearing about awesome races, it'll probably keep getting longer rather than shorter, but here it is, as of the end of January 2011:
Jenny's Running Bucket List:
- Wine & Dine Half Marathon - did the relay, want to do more!
- Princess Half Marathon - another Disney Race? Sign me up!
- A Divas Half Marathon - a destination race where you cross the finish line in a tiara & boa? Yes please!
- 3M Half Marathon - It's in Austin - need I say more?
- NYC Half Marathon - I want to run through Central Park!
- Marine Corps - Finishers medal awarded by real-life Marines!!!
- Nike Women's Half Marathon - A diamond finisher's necklace from Tiffany & Co.? Now that's serious bling!