“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Unimpressed When Not Compressed

This evening I decided to run in a pair of my TX Longhorn Nike Tempo shorts - I was only doing 3 miles and was running on the treadmill so no worries about running in public in shorts (something I just don't do!).  Obviously I've gotten used to running in my compression capris and tights - maybe too used to it?  [My theory has always been to use any tools available to me to make my running easier/better, and once I discovered compression, I hopped on that bandwagon and never looked back!]  Who knows, maybe it's a mental thing, but I just didn't feel that tight, slightly springy feeling that I've gotten used to feeling.  I don't know that it really made a difference pace-wise, at least not on a 3 mile run like tonight's, and not on a treadmill, where I'm slower anyways.  As much as I love my compression gear, I don't want it to become a crutch, so I think I'm going to go back to doing at least one of my weeknight short runs in non-compression bottoms and save the "springs" for the longer runs on the weekends.

Today's stats:
  • 10 min warm-up walk
  • 3 mi run; 0:40:38 min; 13:33 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment