“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jenny's Jitters & Thanks for Seeing Me Through!


Thank you to anyone who has been subjected to an endless tirade of nervous nonsense from me recently.  I'll admit it, it's true - I fall to pieces the week before a race.  I start doubting myself and my abilities.  I have at least one mini-breakdown and plenty of rants and raves ensue.  These phrases, and many others like them, leave my mouth at regular intervals in any given day:
 
      • What was I thinking even signing up for this?
      • I haven't trained enough!
      • I'm not going to finish!
      • I've got to be crazy believing I can do this...

    Well, the big moment is finally here - we leave for Orlando at 6:30 tomorrow morning.  So the blog will be silent for a few days...  Don't worry, it may be quiet for a while, but I'll do a race report as soon as I can after we get back.

    So the point of this post is really to give a huge big THANK YOU to everyone who's been here for me, in any capacity, the last 4 months.  And an even bigger thank you to anyone who's put up with me recently, offering your support and encouragement.  I really love you guys, and couldn't have done it without you!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment