“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Bling! ...Next Race?

The race that started this whole blogging experience is over, and I have some new bling.  So...do I stop now?  Of course not!  But what's next?  When's the next big race?  Where is it?  What's the training schedule?  Drumroll, please...
 Dallas Rock'n'Roll Relay
Yup, it's going to be my inaugural Rock'n'Roll Series race - and they offer a relay!  I don't want to do another half right away, so I convinced my brother, Rob, to join me in running the relay the last weekend in March.  I'll take the first leg (7.1 miles) and Rob will take the second (6.0 miles).  Here are my thoughts for a 10 week training schedule using Hal Higdon's 15K training plan:

So how'd the first running day of training go?  It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon/evening here in "Big D" - temps in the mid 50's, sunny, and slightly breezy.  Since I was only doing 2 miles, I got to do them outside before it got dark - something I haven't had a chance to do on a weekday in months!

Today's stats:
  • 2.1 mi;  0:26:23;  12:34 min/mi avg

No comments:

Post a Comment