“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Monday, January 17, 2011

Yoga for Runners

I did my first yoga workout EVER tonight, and I liked it!  A friend recommended the DVD Yoga for Runners to me last year - I bought it in October and haven't touched it since it arrived.  My New Year's Resolution this year is to do more of the "Stretch & Strengthen" that is on my training schedule for every race.  So, for the next training cycle, it's going to be my "go to" activity on strength training days (we'll see how much of it actually gets done).  I really like the fact that it's specifically targeted for runners, and especially towards yoga newbies, so  here's hoping I'll get a little more flexibility and reduce the risk of injuries while running!

Today's stats:
  • 45 minutes of Yoga for Runners

    2 comments:

    1. Hmm...I really should start doing this as well. Unfortunately my gym doesn't have any classes so I've been trying to find a DVD to do at home. I'll have to look into this one!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Seems like a really good intro DVD, especially for someone as uncoordinated as I am! However, just as an FYI - a lot of the reviews online said people were ready to "graduate" on to something more in-depth soon after mastering this one. So I bought it (relatively) cheaply on half.com, knowing I'd probably want to buy another (maybe intermediate level?) one at some point in the not-too-distant future.

      ReplyDelete