Static electricity sucks. Thank goodness I only had 2 miles to run on the treadmill tonight, because every time I touched any part of the machine, whether I was pushing buttons on the control panel or just accidentally brushing against the arms of the machine, I got shocked! Since I use interval training, that means I'm changing speeds approximately every minute - that's at least a shock a minute - and not just small little zings, but hair-raising shocks (well, not really because of the ponytail, but they would've been)! I don't know if there's an excess energy buildup in the air due to the incoming storm or what, but this was ridiculous!
- 10 minute warm-up walk
- 2 mi run; 0:25:57 min; 12:59 min/mi avg. pace