“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” - Walt Disney

Friday, February 11, 2011

Thrills, Trends, and Twinges

Well, it's been quite a day!  Three big running-related things happened:

1.  I registered for the San Francisco 1st Half Marathon this morning!  And this officially throws my earlier assertion that "Disney is the only place where I will run a 'long' race" out the window...  As the child of a native Californian, I just can't resist the draw of running across the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

2.  I ran in my first ever RunningSkirt tonight - the "Athletic Skirt" style.  It was just a 2 mile treadmill run, but I liked how it looked, and I liked how it felt!  I think other people are so cute in them, so I finally couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon!  I'm hoping to wear it for the Dallas RnR in March, so I can't wait to road-test it on some longer runs!

3.  During my first mile tonight, my left shin started...well, not hurting, but I was feeling it.  Not sure if it's a sign that it might be close to time for new shoes, or a result of a lot of treadmill running lately, or...a dreaded shin splint - nooooooooo!  It didn't get worse, but it didn't go away either.  With better weather coming, I'll be running outside and in different shoes in the coming week.  I'm hoping that's all it will take to remedy the issue.

Today's stats:
  • 10 minute warm-up walk
  • 2 mi run; 0:25:58 min; 12:59 min/mi pace

    3 comments:

    1. Yay, for registering and yay for runningskirt. I love them and wont run without wearing one! I hope your shin is doing better and doesn't get worse.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm the daughter of a native Californian too. Oh, and I'm very very very very very much against running skirts, but I won't be mad at you for purchasing one. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. J - I didn't know that! Mom grew up in SoCal, but has lots of extended family in NoCal - so we spent quite a few family vacations up & down the coast. Sorry about your dislike of the skirts - sadly you're bound to see me in it quite a bit because I really like how it looks on, and will probably end up wearing it for a few races... (:-/) On the upside, they're so expensive I won't be buying too many any time soon! :o)

      ReplyDelete